I was so blessed to take on this no-buy with Nicole from Bolt Blog! If you haven’t checked her out yet you need to! But now that the no-buy is over I wanted to talk to all of you about what I have learned. I actually loved having 100 days where I couldn’t buy any makeup and I decided to tack on no fashion as well because I am a HUGE shopper Chandler from Shotguns and Seashells can attest to that! Though I may have cheated a day or two. I took upon this 100 day No-Buy because I found myself swimming in a room of stuff. I have pieces that I love and would buy again and then pieces I either bought at an impulse or for the blog.
- It taught me how important saving is, not hoarding saving for that rainy day
- Not buying taught me that I am a huge impulse buyer, I have seen new things come out and go ‘I want that’ and because I couldn’t I learned two or fewer weeks down the road it would have been a waste. Because I didn’t want it anymore
- I’ve learned that just because it is new and the ‘it’ thing doesn’t mean I will like it or I need it!
- I have also learned that when it comes to items in makeup and fashion I would rather save and have quality not quantity.
- I’ve learned to go shopping and not have this feeling that I have to buy something. I’ve learned to window shop.
- I’ve learned to just enjoy what I have already
I also did a little clean out and rediscovering a few products in my stash! Maybe I’ll talk about those a little later in the week or month hahaha.
“Oh, something like that…” – Spider-Man, 2002